A $15.5mm renovation of the 245-room hotel that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The first phase was completed in a matter of months and included the lobby, mezzanine, 9th, and 10th floors of the circa-1860’s building. The lobby’s original Russian walnut millwork was painstakingly restored to fit the vision of the new owner — a nod to the hotel’s heyday during the roaring ’20’s. Ceramic tiles on the floor of the lobby were made in Italy for the space. The main entrance to the hotel was relocated from Broad Street to its original location on M. L. King Boulevard in an effort to achieve authenticity. The 143 rooms in the historic structure were rebuilt with new layouts, plumbing, and electrical, with a similar renovation of the adjacent Manor House slated for completion in May 2019.